- 1 cup canned kidney or other beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cut green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup cut wax beans, fresh or frozen (or substitute any canned bean, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup lima beans (fresh, frozen, or canned), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced in rings
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green or red pepper, diced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the beans, onion, celery, and green or red pepper.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, thyme, pepper, and garlic.
- Whisking continually, add the oil in a slow, thin stream. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss to coat well. Place in the refrigerator until
ready to serve.
Per serving: Calories: 170; Total Fat: 7 g; Saturated Fat: 1 g; Total Carbohydrate: 22 g; Total Sugars: 2 g (Added, 0 g);
Dietary Fiber: 6 g; Protein: 7 g; Sodium: 26 mg; Potassium: 506 mg; Calcium: 44 mg; Vitamin D: 0 mcg; Iron: 3 mg.
(tsp=teaspoon(s); Tbsp = tablespoons; g=gram(s); mg=milligrams; mcg = micrograms)
Recipe adapted courtesy of Have A Plant® at fruitsandveggies.org