- All Citrus
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds, then cut in half
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds, then cut in half
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds, then cut in half
- Pineapple Mint
- 1 sprig mint
- 1 cup pineapple pieces
- Watermelon Rosemary
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 cup watermelon cubes
- Raspberry Lime
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1 cup raspberries
- (Follow directions as above, but squeeze juice from limes into the jar, then throw in the squeezed lime quarters and raspberries)
To make flavored waters at home, use your imagination, or try the ideas below. Experiment with ingredients and proportions to suit your taste.
Juicy fruits (like citrus, ripe pineapple,
watermelon, and berries)—
fresh or frozen, or cucumber
Herbs like mint, basil, sage, and rosemary
- Place fruit in 2-quart mason jar or pitcher and press and twist with a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon to release some of the juices, but don’t pulverize the fruit into pieces.
- Fill the jar with ice. Pour in water to the top. Stir with the handle of a wooden spoon or a chopstick. Put a lid on it, put it in the fridge, and chill. Keep up to three days in refrigerator.