- 1 (about 2 cups cubed) papaya
- 1 (about 4 cups cubed) pineapple
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs, or 2 tsp dried fresh tarragon
- 1 Tbs, or 2 tsp dried fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Peel papaya, scoop out seeds, and cube into one-inch chunks.
3. Peel pineapple, core, and cut into one-inch chunks.
4. In a large bowl, toss fruit with olive oil, herbs, salt, and pepper.
5. Spread fruit out on a baking dish and cook until tops of fruit begin to brown, about 20 minutes.
6. Turn oven up to 425°F and cook until fruit edges caramelize, about 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Per serving: Calories: 118; Total Fat: 5 g; Saturated Fat: 1 g; Total Carbohydrate: 20 g; Total Sugars: 15 g (Added, 0 g); Dietary Fiber: 3 g; Protein: 1 g; Sodium: 393 mg; Potassium: 221 mg; Calcium: 34 mg; Vitamin D: 0 mcg; Iron: 1 mg.
(Tbsp=tablespoons; tsp=teaspoons; g=gram(s); mg=milligrams; mcg=micrograms.)
To continue reading this article or issue you must be a paid subscriber. Sign in Subscribe Subscribe to Tufts Health & Nutrition Get the next year of Tufts Health & Nutrition for as little as $18. And access all of our back issues and online content free of charge. Subscribe today and save 36% off […]