- 4 cup kale, chopped and stems removed
- 1 cup thinly sliced potato
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 4 cup almond milk (or cow's milk)
- 1 Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a medium pot, place the kale, potato, onion, milk, and nutmeg and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
2. Place the kale mixture in a high-speed blender. Process until very smooth, about 1 minute.
3. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 109; Total Fat: 3 g; Saturated fat: 0 g; Total carbohydrate: 18 g; Dietary fiber: 3 g; Total sugars: 7 g (added 0 g) Protein: 7 g; Sodium: 255 mg; Potassium: 408 mg; Calcium: 544 mg; Vitamin D: 2.6 mcg; Iron: 1.3 mg
(Tbsp = tablespoon; tsp = teaspoon; g = grams; mg = milligrams; mcg = micrograms)
Recipe courtesy of The Pescetarian Plan by Janis Jibrin, recipes by Sidra Forman (Ballantine Books, 2014)