Oranges with Cinnamon and Pistachios
For a colorful treat, try this recipe with blood (Moro) oranges.
- Squeeze 1 orange to make 1/4 cup fresh juice.
- Place juice in a glass measuring cup; stir in 2 tsp mild honey.
- Microwave at High power 30 to 40 seconds, or until honey has dissolved.
- Use a sharp knife to peel 2 oranges, removing all the white pith.
- Cut oranges into thin slices. Arrange orange slices, slightly overlapping, in each of two small bowls or plates with raised rims.
- Drizzle orange juice mixture over oranges and sprinkle with cinnamon. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tsp chopped unsalted peeled pistachios (or toasted sliced almonds).
Yield: 2 servings.
(per serving) 110 calories, 1.5 grams total fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 4 grams fiber, 20 grams sugars.
- 3 Orange
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Pistachios (or almonds)