All-Season Fruit Salad
This dessert is also great have on hand for breakfast and snacks; hold off until serving time to add the banana.
- Juice 1 orange; place juice in medium bowl.
- Peel 2 medium oranges with sharp knife, removing all white pith.
- Cut oranges into quarters lengthwise, then cut crosswise into pinwheel-shaped slices; add to bowl with the juice.
- Wash, core and dice 1 apple; add to the bowl.
- Microwave 1 1/2 cups frozen unsweetened blackberries at High power 2 minutes, or until thawed; add to bowl.
- Just before serving, slice 1 banana into the bowl. Stir gently with rubber spatula to mix.
Yield: 4 (generous 3/4-cup) servings. 130 calories, 0.5 grams total fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 6 grams fiber, 22 grams sugars per serving.
- 3 orange
- 1 apple
- 1 1/2 cup blackberries (Frozen/unsweetened)
- 1 banana